Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Straight Rows

Hello Everyone!

Today has been a busy day! I've been in the garden setting tomato plants - 100 of them! I also planted squash, zucchini, cucumbers, green beans, and butter beans. I am so anxious for the harvest to begin, yet I must remain patient.

My thoughts were drawn to a conversation I had some years ago with my aunt, while out in the garden. She said, "I have never seen such straight rows. How does your dad make rows so straight?" I just laughed and said, he had been doing it a long time and has had a lot of practice.

Today, as I remembered our conversation, I had the opportunity to ask Daddy about it. He said, "I just look straight ahead and aim the tractor where I am looking!"

Something so simple holds the key to the "straight and narrow." When traveling down this "Row of Life," simply look straight to Jesus and aim yourself toward Him. You will be following the "straight and narrow," if you don't look away!

What a lesson for me today! Perhaps you also!

Be Encouraged!
Plant Lady

2 comments:

Lynn - JnL4God said...

Plant Lady
Hi Wow how energetic. And what a nice message. You are so creative with your writing. God gives you some good insight. That's so true when we take our eye's off Jesus that's when our life can go astray.
Be Blessed,
Lynn

riverview said...

Plant Lady,

Thank you for yet another valuable lesson. I am so enjoying your blog and the time that you are putting into sharing The Word.

Rachel's study has brought so many wonderful people together in our quest for HIS knowledge, not to mention the great blogs that so many women are putting together. What a blessing Rachel has been to us all. Praise the Lord!

I look forward to reading more of your heartwarming stories.

Your Sister in Christ,
Karyl

<*////><