Sunday, April 6, 2008

Heritage Skills

Hello Everyone!

Does anyone have some old fashioned heritage skills they would like to share?

My mama taught me how to can and preserve foods and make straw brooms. She also made lye soap, but I did not write down the instructions. I want to learn the old time skills our parents and grandparents knew and be able to have a record of them. I am especially interested in any skill that has been passed down from generation to generation. I'm afraid that if these skills are not recorded and used, they will be lost.

If any of you have these skills, or know about them, if you would like to share them with me, along with any family history or thoughts about them, please post and let me know.

I would love to learn how to do these wonderful projects that were so much a necessity of life years ago. What a wonderful thing to pass on to future generations!

Any craft, skill, recipe or anything else you would like to share would be appreciated.

Plant Lady

1 comment:

Lynn - JnL4God said...

Hi my friend,
Well It is probably 10 or 11 where you are at but I wanted to say Hi. I didn't do a post yet and at this hour 8:15 I probably won't. I wrote you a note back on my blog, don't know if you saw it or not. I don't know if I know any heritage skills you might want or not, but I'll keep thinking. I know what you mean about passing them down though.
Well have a great night. And sweet peaceful dreams.
Lynn