Saturday, January 17, 2009

Baby, It's Cold Out There

Hello Everyone!
BRRR!!! It's very cold here in North Carolina. I was just noticing the weathervane piglet in the back yard. He has suddenly appeared wearing a scarf wrapped around his neck. I also checked the outdoor garden thermometer which was a little over 20 degrees today. Tonight is going to be cold also.

Today's 365 Project photos are of the garden thermometer and piglet wrapped in his wooly scarf. Piglet was a special find in Charlotte while visiting my cousin. When I saw him, I just had to smile. He was so cute! He has made a welcomed addition to my backyard garden for a couple of years now. I hope he makes you smile just as he did me!
I have noticed that he has some special friends visit during the summer. The hummingbirds love to pitch on his curly tail and guard the feeders which are usually hanging nearby. Thanks you God for sending piglet and friends my way. I know you just love it when I smile!

Be Encouraged!
Plant Lady
P.S. A special thanks goes out to AliceE and Debrah for selecting Plant Lady's Ponderings for a special award. The Premio Dardos award acknowledges the values that EVERY Blogger displays in their effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary and personal values with each message they write. Again, thanks for thinking of me.

5 comments:

From the Heart said...

Yes, it is. I like your piglet, he's cute. It has become a pleasure to visit your blog, I never know what color your going to be. You are ready for Valentine's Day.

You mentioned a cousin in Charlotte, that's not too far from where I live.
May God oveshadow you today with blessings galore,
AliceE.

Mar said...

And Baby - She has finally arrived! Little Paisley Elizabeth was born last night to our daughter Julie. She is so cute and we are so thankful for the miracle of her birth. Mommy and Daddy are pleased as punch. Grandma and Grandpa are popping buttons again! I just might call her my little "Piglet" after seeing your cute weather vane! I wonder if I could crochet a little piglet papoose pack for her?????

Becky said...

I love seeing hummingbirds perch. Its like time standing still.

Lynn - JnL4God said...

Plant Lady,
Nice background! Piglet is cute and I love you thermometer. I have been working on sewing projects and haven't visited my blog friends very much - sorry. Have a wonderful day/week.
Loves and Hugs,
Lynn

christi said...

i love your piglet and the red scarf is just perfect to keep him warm on those cold days! have fun and be blessed!

blessings ~