Tuesday, September 23, 2008

On the Road Again!

Hello Everyone!

As in the words of the famous song by Willie Nelson, "I'm On the Road Again!" This time it's to the Outer Banks of North Carolina! Once again, I'm following Mr. Plant Lady as he attends meetings related to his service on the local Resource and Conservation and Development Council.

We will leave tomorrow morning. I have a stop planned to get some reeds and seagrass from a basketry supply store that's located about an hour away. Fortunately, the store is on our way to our destination. I'm excited about going to the Outer Banks again! The last time we were there, our destination was Ocracoke. It was one of the most relaxing trips that I have ever taken. Our hotel provided bicycles for us to explore the little island that is only accessible by ferry. Kitty Hawk, our destination this trip, is famous as the Birthplace of Flight. Wilbur and Orville Wright took the first flight from some of the sand dunes located there.

I will have my laptop with me and I hope to be able to post some pictures of my adventures in Kitty Hawk.

Keep us in your prayers as we travel.

Be Encouraged!
Plant Lady

4 comments:

debrah said...

I will certainly be praying for you and your husband. What a great blessing to be able to have such adventure in work related responsibilities. Although I get the feeling that you and mr. plant lady are equipped to be adventurous and enjoy life no matter what the circumstances...I guess some folk are like that they just know how to have a good time...those are the people we enjoy being around...hoping some of it will rub off on us...
Have a great time - I'll be thinking of you...
In His Love,
Debrah

Becky said...

Have a great time :-) I can't wait to hear of your adventures and see what you make with those reeds and seagrass.

From the Heart said...

Have a wonderful trip. My husband's family usually go fishing in October at Morehead City. It will be the week of October 19th, but don't know if we will get to go or not.

Be safe and have a great time,
AliceE.

Mar said...

Off you go again! Havent been to the Outer Banks in quite awhile. We go to Morehead City like Alice mentioned. The ocean at this time of year is so pleasant. Love to have my quiet time with the sunrise on the beach or sitting on the deck facing the water. Sometimes that means huddling up with a blanket around me, but it is well worth it. Nothing like the stillness and the mighty force of the ocean to draw us to God. Have a great trip.

I go thru Wythville on the way to our youngest daughter's home in Kingsport. It has one of the warmest Welcome Centers I have ever visited. You are surely hitting the best spots of our part of the country! Enjoy every moment! God bless you!